[arch-general] Wrong keyboard layout in GDM since upgrade

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 03:49:32 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 09:29:36AM +0100, Sébastien Mazy wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 09:59:09AM +0200, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> > Not everyone uses the two major DEs either.
> > You are supposed to be able to rollback to previous releases your self
> > anyway. Theres an awesome wiki page about it:
> > http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrade_packages
>
> Thanks for the link. Actually I know how to downgrade but should a non
> negligeable amount of users have to downgrade manually?
>
> If everyone's box has to be broken for a package to be rolled-back,
> maybe a simple news could be posted on the front page, for example:
> "package x introduced a problem for some users with app y and z,
> downgrade to previous package x if you're impacted". I think I'm not the
> only one to check the news before updating, and even if it's posted
> several days after the update was pushed, it's still good to know for
> those who haven't updated yet.
>
> BTW my point is not that updates should be perfect. I know devs have
> limited time resources.

I understand your concerns. But look at the bright side. At least you
know what the problem is. It could be much worst. :)
An Arch Linux system is not and will not be, at least anu time soon, a
system that doesnt require user interaction. Things like that will
always happen to some extend.
A new libxi is already out:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2009-February/044061.html
I dont think news items like that are a solution, otherwise the webpage
would be filled with stuff like that.

--
Greg