[arch-general] Problem building Player with pkgbuild

Christian Babeux christian.babeux at 0x80.ca
Thu Jan 8 22:57:37 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to build Player with a pkgbuild from the AUR.

Here is the pkgbuild:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/player/player/PKGBUILD

Is seems the build is failing because of Arch's strict GCC (I really
don't know if that's the problem)

At first it was failing with this error:

actarrayproxy.cc: In member function ‘player_actarray_actuator_t
PlayerCc::ActArrayProxy::GetActuatorData(uint32_t) const’:
actarrayproxy.cc:246: error: ‘memset’ was not declared in this scope

So I figured that string.h was not included and modified the config.h to
include it :

echo -e "#include <unistd.h>\n#include <stdlib.h>\n#include
<stdio.h>\n#include <string.h>" >> config.h

But now it fails with :

speechproxy.cc:96: error: ‘strdup’ was not declared in this scope

The strange thing is that strdup is declared in string.h...

Any ideas ?

Christian Babeux