[arch-general] Intro + package maintenance

aashiks aashiks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 05:26:56 EST 2009

 Hi all,

I checked the PKGBUILD scripts that Asish sent. Both scripts work correctly.
The m17n-lib PKGBUILD script is correct and it correctly shows a dependency
for libotf. But I couldn't find the libotf package  in pacman. So I ended up
using the libotf-cvs (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16709) from
AUR. This libotf packages is installed as libotf-cvs, so i had to modify the
PKGBUILD script for m17n-lib to use libotf-cvs instaed of libotf.  So I think
if the m17n-lib package has to be included in extra/community repos, the
libotf package should go in also.

The m17n-db script works correctly.

If the m17n-libs are included, then I think it would be a very good idea to
include the m17-contrib packages from AUR
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22049) also, since this includes
m17n support for some widely used indic languages . I was specifically looking
for Malayalam which got recently included in m17n-contrib.

Thanks all for your help. Awaiting feed back from everyone.

regards
Aashik S