[arch-general] Intro + package maintenance

Ashish SHUKLA wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 01:48:05 EST 2009

aashiks  writes:
>  Hi all,

> I checked the PKGBUILD scripts that Asish sent. Both scripts work correctly.
> The m17n-lib PKGBUILD script is correct and it correctly shows a dependency
> for libotf. But I couldn't find the libotf package  in pacman. So I ended up
> using the libotf-cvs (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16709) from
> AUR. This libotf packages is installed as libotf-cvs, so i had to modify the
> PKGBUILD script for m17n-lib to use libotf-cvs instaed of libotf.  So I think
> if the m17n-lib package has to be included in extra/community repos, the
> libotf package should go in also.

Sorry, I didn't noticed that it needed libotf also. Attached is the
PKGBUILD for libotf-0.9.8.

I never experienced this quick porting with any distro other than
FreeBSD and ofcourse ArchLinux. This is real fun.

> The m17n-db script works correctly.

> If the m17n-libs are included, then I think it would be a very good idea to
> include the m17-contrib packages from AUR
> (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22049) also, since this includes
> m17n support for some widely used indic languages . I was specifically looking
> for Malayalam which got recently included in m17n-contrib.

AFAICS, Malayalam language input seems to be supported in m17n-db-1.5.2
also. What specific thing are you looking for Malyalam language like
rendering of Malyalam script, input method

HTH
--
Ashish SHUKLA