[arch-general] Pointless to use non-md5 for makepkg INTEGRITY_CHECK

Aaron Schaefer aaron at elasticdog.com
Mon Jan 12 21:38:59 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not so much a preference as it is the fact that we won't be
> gaining much, if anything, from this change, and the change is going
> to take work. Making announcements, changing the official repos over,
> dealing with bug reports, etc etc... it's just work that seems like
> it's for naught.

I made a patch and submitted it to pacman-dev, so the work is
done...if you chose to implement it. This has definitely turned into a
bike shed discussion (http://bikeshed.com/), which was not my
intention. I hope I've demonstrated the value of this change, but do
as you will.

--
Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer