[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.28.1-1

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:29:58 EST 2009

2009/1/19 David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net>:
> No, I don't pass any model parameter, partly because I didn't know about
> this parm until recently, and partly because I'm not sure what the correct
> value should be.  ("head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec#0" says "IDT
> 92HD71B7X", but I'm not sure where to go to look up the model number from
> that.)

hda-intel, like the infamous ac97, is a widely-used codec, and the
kernel module supports a whole lot of different devices. I don't have
a lot of time to check right now, but a quick grep on the sources
shows your card's support is included in
sound/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.c. From a quick search, the list of
possible options can be found here:
http://free-electrons.com/kerneldoc/latest/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt
and your best bet could be dell-m44 (similar to 4400, but marked as
Inspiron) or dell-m43 (near to 44 but marked as Precision).

HTH,
Corrado