[arch-general] Sound issues [WAS: [signoff] kernel26 2.6.28.1-1]

joyfulgirl at archlinux.us joyfulgirl at archlinux.us
Mon Jan 19 11:35:54 EST 2009

On 19 Jan 2009, at 10:26 am -0500, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> For some reason  there's no sound coming out of either the speakers or the
> headphones on  my laptop (Dell Precision M4400) after the upgrade.

> Sound module is snd-hda-intel. I checked volume is up, mute is not on,  yada
> yada, but no sound coming out.

I had a similar problem a couple of days ago. Is the module snd_pcsp getting
loaded? If so, it's possible it may be grabbing your sound card before your
real driver has a chance to do so. The fix that worked for me was just to
blacklist it. I believe there's also a way to make it load after the correct
sound modules (if you like the audible bell), which some judicious googling
should turn up.

Good luck getting that fixed!

Ivy

--
                    If I Ever Become An Evil Villainess...
20. Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal