[arch-general] Keyboard repeat in KDE 4

Leonid Grinberg lgrinberg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:03:30 EST 2009

Hello,

I am experiencing an odd problem with keyboard repeating in KDE. I am
running Vanilla KDE 4.1.3

Every once in a while, the keyboard simply stops repeating (by
repeating, I mean when I hold a key down, it only sends the keystroke
once, so if I hold down "f" it only shows "f" rather than
"fffffffffffff"). I have auto-repeat enabled in xorg.conf and the
repeat works fine in the virtual terminals. Coupled with this problem
is that in systemsettings, the entire configuration for the keyboard
is missing. However, in ~/.kde4/share/config/kcminputrc,
KeyboardRepeating is set to true. I've also discovered that if I run
kcminit, the problem temporarily gets fixed, only to happen again a
little while later.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

--
Thanks,
Leonid Grinberg
lgrinberg at gmail.com