[arch-general] KDE 4.2.0 in [testing]

Dan Vratil progdan at progdansoft.com
Thu Jan 22 19:19:26 EST 2009

Hello Pierre,
I just updated KDE 4.2 (x86_64) and I'm amazed. It all seems faster and
smoother to me, some new features are really great. Here are some problems
(really, nothing serious) I already found:

Some of my old desktop settings (wallpaper, size of icons etc) were replace by
KDE 4.2 default settings. But it's probably only about Plasma config, because
Kopete, KMail and all other applications kept their settings.

Also, could please someone confirm me, that KDE 4.1 freezes when updating?
After some package was updated, Plasma went frozen and I had to shutdown the X
server and finnish the update from console.

There is also problem with plasmoids from AUR. After update, they didn't run
so I tried to rebuilt them but because of some changes in KDE, any of them
will compile, but it seems to be a problem in their source codes not in
PKGBUILDs.

Cheers
Dan

--