[arch-general] KDE 4.2.0 in [testing]

Nicolas Bigaouette nbigaouette at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:21:59 EST 2009

I installed it (and with everything from testing... is there a way to _just_
update testing/kde and not all packages??). I switched to run level 3,
backed up my ~/.kde4, updated, then switched back to rl 5.

It looks really nice! Here are my comments:
1) Strigi is said to be suspended, but I can hear my HD going crazy... Is it
really suspended?
nicolas  17488  1.6  0.7 320124 27600 ?        SNl  12:06   0:06
/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukstrigiservice

2) Theme is dark... See
http://nbigaouette.inrs-emt.homelinux.net/linux/arch/kde42.png The menu is
unreadable... Its hard also on the task bar. But the menu is really bad.

3) Alt-Tab, Alt+F1, Alt+F2, ctrl+alt+left/right stopped working.

The rest seems _really_ nice! :)