[arch-general] phonon: gstreamer support will be dropped

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:49:29 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Alberto Gonzalez <info at gnebu.es> wrote:
> Gstreamer has its problems, but it's used by all the gnome people (most
> Ubuntu/Fedora users and more) so it's can't be that bad. Not as to not allow
> users to use it if they want to.

I'm fairly certain Pierre is not saying "screw choice!" here. It looks
to me like he's saying "oh god, this is WAY too buggy and I don't want
our users using something this broken". That said, i'm sure the
PKGBUILD will still be around somewhere, so anyone who wants to can
still build the package themselves