[arch-general] KDE 4.2.0 in [testing]

Gilles CHAUVIN gcnweb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 15:28:56 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 21:06, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag 25 Januar 2009 22:09:02 schrieb Gilles CHAUVIN:
>> While trying to add a Jabber account within Kopete I get a popup
>> window saying "Cannot load the Jabber protocol plugin".
>>
>> Am I the only one having this issue ?
>
> Could you try this with a new user (clean config)? Jabber seems to work here
> (even if Kopete is wuite bad for Jabber (no TLS support for example)

I forgot to mention in my initial message that it was with a freshly
created account (I reinstalled arch a few days ago after having bought
a new HDD and thought I'll directly install KDE4.2 instead of 4.1.x
:).

Perhaps it is a missing library on my PC or something like that ?

Don't hesitate to ask if you want me to do some more tests.

Cheers,
Gilles.