[arch-general] KDE 4.2.0 in [testing]

Gilles CHAUVIN gcnweb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 15:40:24 EST 2009

Hi,

I've found where the problem was....

$ ldd /usr/lib/kde4/kopete_jabber.so | grep 'not found'
        libortp.so.5 => not found

$ pacman -Q ortp
ortp 0.14.0-1

$ pacman -Ql ortp | grep '\.so\.'
ortp /usr/lib/libortp.so.7
ortp /usr/lib/libortp.so.7.0.0

$ pacman -Ss ortp
testing/ortp 0.13.1-1
    A Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) library
community/ortp 0.14.0-1
    A Real-time Transport Protocol stack

If I install ortp 0.13.1 it is now working. I guess this happened
because, after I installed KDE 4.2 from [testing], I commented the
[testing] repo in my /etc/pacman.conf. I guess pacman then updated
ortp with the more recent version it found in [community].

The question here is.... Isn't [testing] supposed to be more
up-to-date than the other repos ?!

Cheers,
Gilles.