[arch-general] [OT] Re: Are base packages assumed?

Marco domanov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 09:56:36 EDT 2009

Edgar,

> Off topic: The ~2 G size of the installed packages pacman
> shows is complete size of all updated packages not the
> difference between the currently installed size and the size
> after the upgrade, right? So the complete upgrade might
> have worked for you.

Bad experiences have thaught me not to do that. It might have, though.
I didn't follow the development of pacman, so I actually don't know if
there is a sort of check on available disk space yet.

Why not implement a '--no-cache' option for pacman, to delete the
downloaded tar.gz right after the successful installation of each pkg?

Marco