[arch-general] What to do about the "blender" package?

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Sat Jul 18 23:53:40 EDT 2009

Dear Arch Devs,

I'm reposting this mail to arch-general because I was ignored on arch-dev-public.

I wonder what should be done about the "blender" package in [extra]. The
package hasn't been updated for quite some time (it is correctly marked
out-of-date), a few bug reports have been filed for it, it doesn't build
anymore and the package maintainer doesn't answer my mails.
What can be done in such a case?
I wouldn't want to suggest anything that would break the peace and
render the happy rainbows gray in Arch Dev land, yet I wonder if it
would be suitable in such a case to degrade the package in question to
[community] so that a TU may take care of it? This is of course assuming
that no other dev wants to take over "blender".

-- Sven-Hendrik