[arch-general] What to do about the "blender" package?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Jul 19 00:00:53 EDT 2009

Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> Dear Arch Devs,
>
> I'm reposting this mail to arch-general because I was ignored on arch-dev-public.

You can not post to arch-dev-public so your message was not ignored, we
just never saw it.

> I wonder what should be done about the "blender" package in [extra]. The
> package hasn't been updated for quite some time (it is correctly marked
> out-of-date), a few bug reports have been filed for it, it doesn't build
> anymore and the package maintainer doesn't answer my mails.
> What can be done in such a case?

So the package is out-of-date and the new version does not build?  Could
be a reason why it is not updated...

Anyway, the way this tends to be dealt with, is someone posts a working
PKGBUILD here and another dev updates it.  If this happens regularly for
a package, either another dev with take over maintenance or it will be
dropped to [community].

Allan