[arch-general] reconfiguring vi to work like it did before the last update?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:25:02 EDT 2009

On Saturday 18 July 2009 12:54:06 am David C. Rankin wrote:
> On Saturday 18 July 2009 12:38:29 am David C. Rankin wrote:
> > On Monday 13 July 2009 03:49:49 am solsTiCe d'Hiver wrote:
> > > i think you're using [testing] and then use vi-1.79 which is nvi.
> > > and not the vi you know which was a stripped down version of vim
> <snip>
> >
> > 	I'll go load vim and report back. Thanks!
>
> WHEW!!
>
> 	All back to normal:

	For anyone else caught with the same problem. I wrote a small script that reinstalls vim and moves vi to vi.vni. The script is nothing more that what you would simply do by hand, it just collects all the commands in one place. The script is attached to prevent unwanted line breaks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC