[arch-general] Firefox on Arch - crash on exit

Jonas E. Huber arch at hubjo.org
Mon Jul 20 01:33:28 EDT 2009

Hello all,

Am Montag, 20. Juli 2009 06.48:00 schrieb Tim Gelter:
> "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new
> window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart
> your system."

I can confirm this problem using "normal" (not from kdemod) KDE 4 from
the repos on a ThinkPad X61s with onboard Intel graphics (i.e. no
proprietary driver) and a workstation as well (both running with
x86_64).

Up to now I have never searched for a real solution to this one because
I'm hardly running no instance of firefox and hence this glitch does not
appear very frequently in my scenario. However, it would be nice if
someone had figured out a fix... :-)

Cheers,

Jonas