[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] News item: vc/* to tty* transition

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Thu Jul 23 23:46:00 EDT 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 18:55:40 Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> (*) Some users can do a "hot-update" the whole KDE/GNOME while running
> and intend to continue working properly. ;)

I don't expect it to work as such but being too lazy to leave current working
env. just for upgrade, I have done pacman -Syu from within konsole, that have
upgraded KDE and it has worked.

Usually that follows the an immediate reboot due to kernel/glibc upgrade so
its a not pressing all the aspects of KDE probably..

Exceeding expectations I think :)

--
 Shridhar