[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] News item: vc/* to tty* transition

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jul 23 09:25:40 EDT 2009

Allan McRae wrote:
> I suppose we need a news item for this so here is a draft:
>
> [draft]
>

> Comments?
Well, I don't know exactly how users update yours system(*), but maybe a
"init q" after the pacman -Syu and merge inittab and securetty files in
this case is suggested, and/or udevadm trigger to reload rules, or go to
"init s" and back to previous level, or find what dev/files are deleted
with "lsof -n | egrep 'DEL|dele'" and reload the aproppiate programs,
remembers that not only virtual consoles are in transition, also other
devices.

(*) Some users can do a "hot-update" the whole KDE/GNOME while running
and intend to continue working properly. ;)

Thats all folks!

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar