[arch-general] how to migrate installs between hard drives?

Alexander Lam lambchop468 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 14:34:35 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Will Siddall <will.siddall at gmail.com>wrote:

> 1 question I do have is if I dd the entire disk (parition table and
> all) then reapply to a larger disk, would that keep everything intact
> or am I gonna run into the same problem?

Okay:

A <- The disk that already has an installation but is smaller
B <- The disk that that you want to put the installation on

if you dd A onto B, B will get the partition structure from A and appear
smaller. However, you can edit the partition sizes using gparted like Dan
said, and make the partitions fill up the whole B disk.

--
Alexander Lam