[arch-general] how to migrate installs between hard drives?

b4283 da.mi.spirit at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 19:44:42 EDT 2009

Will Siddall 提到:
> Is there something I'm missing in the second instance that I didn't
> change a file that should be changed?  Is there a better way of
> copying the partitions so I don't run into this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Will
Not only dd, you could also simply use archive mode of rsync or cp.

I've done this before, and the system I'm using now is migrated from a
250g to 500g.
At that time I used rsync and skipped directory /dev, /proc and /sys.
After a successful re-setup of grub, the system boots like a charm.

regards,
b4283.