[arch-general] how to migrate installs between hard drives?

Will Siddall will.siddall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 18:22:08 EDT 2009

Here's another update.  Using Mike's advice and I tried a simple 'cp
-av' on my home directory.  After everything was completed, I do a 'ls
-al' and find that everything is set to root / root.  Modes are
intact, but that's it.
I've tried this from the Ubuntu livecd and running from my original
hard disk.  Tonight, I'm going to give it another try and use

And Solstice, I understand your point but everything else hasn't
worked for me yet.  I'm going to do a dd on the whole disk tonight and
try a workaround.

Thanks again everyone