[arch-general] ext3 driver for windows

Rene Rasmussen archlinux at paranoidix.dk
Thu Jul 30 17:26:29 EDT 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:23:37 -0600, Tim Gelter <tgelter at gurulabs.com>
wrote:

> I like to format all of my external drives with a large partition (most
of the disk) that is ext3 and a very small partition on the beginning of
the disk (20 mb or so) that is fat32 which contains the ext3 filesystem
driver for windows machines so that they can install it if necessary to
access the other partition on the disk.
What driver do you use for accessing the ext3 partitions?
I found the following to choose from:
Ext2 IFS and Ext2 FSD

How is the stability. Did you have any trouble getting it to work?

Until now I have only used ext3 for one of my external harddrives, the
other two have been formatted with the ntfs filesystem. It would be nice
though to be able to use the drives with the native linux filesystem
instead.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Rene