[arch-general] Building in clean chroot

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Jun 2 06:49:27 EDT 2009

Baho Utot schrieb:
> I keep getting these errors when building packages from extra
> Is there a way to "turn off" this or do I have to manually do this every
> time it rears its ugly head?
>
> Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
> checking package integrity...
> checking for file conflicts...
> error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> error: could not prepare transaction
> /usr/share/info/dir exists in both 'libksba' and 'libassuan'
> libksba: /usr/share/info/dir exists in filesystem
> libassuan: /usr/share/info/dir exists in filesystem
> Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

These probably have not been rebuilt since the !docs default in makepkg
was removed. You need to remove that file and update it in the
post_upgrade, look at some core packages, they even do that without a
hard dependency on install-info (example from coreutils, look at the
full file in your /var/lib/pacman/local directory):

infodir=/usr/share/info
filelist=(coreutils.info)

post_install() {
  [ -x usr/bin/install-info ] || return 0
  for file in ${filelist[@]}; do
     usr/bin/install-info $infodir/$file $infodir/dir 2> /dev/null
  done
}

If install-info is missing, the dir file will be generated as soon as it
is being installed (processing all installed info-pages). If
install-info is installed, the above code snippet will only process the
newly installed info files.

You can adjust the PKGBUILDs/install files in question and send a patch
here, we can apply that to trunk and when they are rebuilt the next
time, info pages will work.