[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] ruby 1.9.1 enters [testing] - breaks gvim

Michael Fellinger m.fellinger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 20:54:16 EDT 2009

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 18:29:36 +0700
Emmanuel Benisty <benisty.e at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org>
> wrote:
> > Emmanuel Benisty wrote:

> >> FTR, it breaks vim too here.
> >> vim: error while loading shared libraries: libruby.so.1.8: cannot
> >> open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >>

> > That is because vim appears to turn into gvim when you install
> > gvim.  So still only gvim is broken.
>
> Thanks Allan.
>
> I removed gvim and vim works "again" indeed. That's was a bit
> confusing.

I actually made a patch against vim/gvim:
http://pastr.it/pastes/view/16202/pastr_16202.diff
Since applying it, I'm using Ruby 1.9 from svn and it works very well, had to
compile vi/vim/gvim with the same patchlevel though.
In the PKGBUILD, the patch should be applied before configure runs, maybe
someone can propose it upstream, I haven't found a vim bugtracker yet.

--
^ manveru