[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.30-2

Adrian C. anrxc at sysphere.org
Fri Jun 12 14:44:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Tobias Powalowski wrote:

> Remove binary modules from extra?
> Guys opinions on this?
> madwifi -> AUR # supported by ath5k and ath9k normally

Hi,
ath5k seems to be solid. In all my testing it proved to be stable, even
with injection. However last time I checked they still didn't support
Master mode. According to linuxwireless they still don't
(http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath5k#features). Madwifi
supports this for ages of course. The Turbo and Super modes are also
present even in the cheapest of cards, probably not commonly used, but
present.

I also want to mention the BBS topic on kernel panics on Acer machines
(http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=73877). It seems to be a bug
in the wmi driver which affects acer-wmi when stack protection is
enabled. Patch is available somewhere on the LKML and is waiting to go
upstream. It would be good to warn users to blacklist acer_wmi when this
kernel goes out of testing.

Cheers.

--
Adrian C. (anrxc) | anrxc..sysphere.org | GPG ID: D20A0618
GPG FP: 02A5 628A D8EE 2A93 996E  929F D5CB 31B7 D20A 0618