[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Kill old gcc versions

Biru Ionut biru.ionut at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:35:09 EDT 2009

Jan de Groot wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 19:06 +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>> Can we kill gcc3 and gcc34 from extra? We used to need them for qemu,
>> but that's fixed, so they're useless. Objections?
>
> Move it to AUR. We don't need these anymore.

virtualbox recommendation are gcc3.3 or later except for the GCC 4.0.x
series). GCC 4.3.3 is recommended.
i've tried to compile with gcc 4.4.0 and is failing.
i suggest to move it to community because there are severals packages[1]
that have in makedepends gcc34.

[1] http://dpaste.com/55327/

--
Ionut