[arch-general] KDE4.3 Beta - Rocks, still a bit rough, but very usable as a primary desktop

ludovic coues couesl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:33:43 EDT 2009

So I'm wondering why package are causing issues.
Try to do what pierre have said, install only kde-base, and add bit by bit.

As far as you have show, only kde-graphics refuse to install. Maybe
the issue is only here.

And on the other hand, desktop effects seems to not be driver related
problems for me. I've no glossy stuff like cube desktop, KDE refuse to
enable them, but I've now smooth login/logout and translucent windows
when moving them.
And all of this with movie player working smoothly, not like with KDE4.2