[arch-general] KDE4.3 Beta - Rocks, still a bit rough, but very usable as a primary desktop

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:24:30 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 09:33:43 ludovic coues wrote:
> So I'm wondering why package are causing issues.
> Try to do what pierre have said, install only kde-base, and add bit by bit.
>
> As far as you have show, only kde-graphics refuse to install. Maybe
> the issue is only here.
>
> And on the other hand, desktop effects seems to not be driver related
> problems for me. I've no glossy stuff like cube desktop, KDE refuse to
> enable them, but I've now smooth login/logout and translucent windows
> when moving them.
> And all of this with movie player working smoothly, not like with KDE4.2

Oh no,

	There were thousands of conflict errors. My scrollback buffer only caught the
last 5000 lines. What I posted was just an example. See:

(29k)

http://nirvana.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/kde4-conflicts.txt.bz2

	I will try just the base install and report back.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC