[arch-general] bash 4.0 / readline 6.0 rebuilds

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:37:40 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Grigorios Bouzakis<grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Caleb Cushing<xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
>> been using arch for a few months and generally good and current... but
>> I just noticed that it still hasn't moved to bash 4. I'm wondering
>> what the status of it is? and where it's being held up (searching the
>> bugtracker found nothing that looked on target). perhaps I can help?
>>
>> --
>> Caleb Cushing
>>
>> http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com
>>

> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2009-February/010357.html

Blame me for this - I've been sucking at this. The time I get to
actually do the rebuilds isn't enough to keep up with the
ever-changing package versions for everything in extra.

Initially, however, bash 4.0 broke mkinitcpio, making unbootable
machines, so I held off for a bit.

I think I'm going to just put the core packages in testing and get
some help with the extra packages.

Feel free to email me personally and yell if I don't at least get some
of this in testing by tonight.