[arch-general] bash 4.0 / readline 6.0 rebuilds

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:55:41 EDT 2009

> Initially, however, bash 4.0 broke mkinitcpio, making unbootable
> machines, so I held off for a bit.

so this is fixed now...

> I think I'm going to just put the core packages in testing and get
> some help with the extra packages.

unless debian has pushed a new bash completion. I can pretty much
guarantee some bash-completion breakage. some things just don't work
right w/ bash 4 (I forget the specifics). Other than that, everything
worked fine on gentoo*. obviously this is not gentoo* but for the most
part I'd think the same breakages would apply.

> Feel free to email me personally and yell if I don't at least get some
> of this in testing by tonight.

k.

--
Caleb Cushing