[arch-general] kde-unstable install - Round 2 - There is a BUG here...

Ed Jobs oloringr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 20:08:27 EDT 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 02:49, David C. Rankin wrote:
> DR, List
>

> 	I give up ;-(  I'm pulling out the Nuclear option. I have uninstalled
> everything related to kde and kde-unstable still will not install. This
has
> to be some type of bug. I'll report back after I get my system
installed
> and running....

i think, (tho i haven't checked) that the problem is the "kde" group. it
pulls packages from extra too...

as said earlier, i had the same issue on a fresh VM. i solved it with the
"nuclear" option, but now that i think of it, i didn't try abs.

also, as someone suggested, pacman -S kde kde-extragear works if
you press "n" the second time it asks you for the group. (i tested the
latter and it has no problem at all)

--
- We have such sites to show you...
- Oh shit....