[arch-general] kde-unstable install - Round 2 - There is a BUG here...

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:15:01 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 19:08:27 Ed Jobs wrote:
> On Thursday 18 June 2009 02:49, David C. Rankin wrote:
> > DR, List
> >

> > 	I give up ;-(  I'm pulling out the Nuclear option. I have uninstalled
> > everything related to kde and kde-unstable still will not install. This
>
> has
>
> > to be some type of bug. I'll report back after I get my system
>
> installed
>
> > and running....
>
> i think, (tho i haven't checked) that the problem is the "kde" group. it
> pulls packages from extra too...
>
> as said earlier, i had the same issue on a fresh VM. i solved it with the
> "nuclear" option, but now that i think of it, i didn't try abs.
>
> also, as someone suggested, pacman -S kde kde-extragear works if
> you press "n" the second time it asks you for the group. (i tested the
> latter and it has no problem at all)

I'll test as well, I have yet a 3rd spare box with Arch running on it
configured with kdemod3. So I can go through this same wonderful process all
over again.

(but on the bright side, I have kde-unstable packages for both x86_64 and i686
on the local server, so I could do this over-and-over again all night and not
have to worry about a download;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC