[arch-general] kde-unstable with kdemod3: Total Removal and Reinstal - [SOLVED]

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 08:55:50 EDT 2009

Excerpts from David C. Rankin's message of Thu Jun 18 03:25:08 -0400 2009:
> I got it, but what I had to do was remove kdemultimedia, then install kb3.
> Then when I went to install kdemultimedia again it said "use kde-meta-
> mutimedia for kdemultimedia, and I just said OK and it seems fine now.

Bug or not, this is some terrible behaviour... I kind of have felt bad watching
David struggle with this stuff for days now. I realize that this is is in great
part the fault of packagers, but I wonder if pacman could do something
better here...
--
Andrei Thorp
Development Co-op