[arch-general] kde-unstable with kdemod3: Total Removal and Reinstal - [SOLVED]

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:15:24 EDT 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 01:18:47 Guilherme M. Nogueira wrote:
> It seems that pacman is trying to install kdemultimedia from extra. I
> believe that pacman takes the order in which repos appear in
> pacman.conf as priority.
>
> If you have extra enabled before kde-unstable, then pacman will find
> kdemultimedia in extra and install it whithout asking if you want the
> one from kde-unstable.
>
> So, check your pacman.conf!

I wish it were that easy, but nope, my kde-unstable was before my kde-extra:

[kdemod-legacy]
Server = http://kdemod.iskrembilen.com/legacy/x86_64

[kde-unstable]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[core]
# Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[extra]
# Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[community]
# Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[archlinuxfr]
# My AUR Repositories

--