[arch-general] kde4.3 Beta2 - woking well - normal quirks & questions

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:51:15 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	Installed kde-unstable and it is looking good. A couple of system-settings
crashes reported to kde.org (added to the existing bug).

	One issue that I deal with with Beta 2 on both suse and Arch is the kicker
panel not wanting to unhide when running compiz. Sometimes the panel gets
"stuck". When you move the cursor to the bottom-edge of the screen, you can
see the panel "glow" appear among the bottom edge, but the panel remains
stuck. Clicking around on the desktop to force the focus to change to the
desktop and then to a window or two generally "unsticks" the panel. I can't
figure out what is happening. I have seen this behavior on the 4 kde43 beta2
install I have. Anybody have any ideas on why compiz would cause the plamsa
("kicker") panel to behave like this?

One P.S.: In the "Replace" dialog (now at the bottom of the window) of both
kate and kwrite, "Does anybody know where the Regular Expression Editor has
gone?"

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC