[arch-general] vi from testing has gone nuts - does not honor virc/~.virc settings

Scot Becker scot.becker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:12:43 EDT 2009

> Very true. You should keep up with development if you're going to be
> running [testing] and be prepared to struggle through any issues.
> Problems shouldn't come as a total surprise anyways.

Sure.  But 'struggling though any issues" doesn't mean he has to do it
without our help, no? I'm new here, but I'm not sure I agree with
Gridorios sentiments exactly.  David should indeed "expect issues"
(and issues exactly of this kind, and worse) if he goes to [testing],
but he's still invited to solicit help, and those who think he's
beyond his depth, or who can make better use of their time
contributing elsewhere, needn't bother themselves to respond.

Is there a way for him to try the new 'dmraid' without going the whole
way and migrating to [testing].  This would also be useful for him
(and me) to know.

Thanks,

Scot