[arch-general] vi from testing has gone nuts - does not honor virc/~.virc settings

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:01:30 EDT 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 02:59:08 am Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:

> > Thanks Tobias and Allan,
> >
> >        That is just what I needed to know!
>
> The whole point of using testing is.. you should have known that already.
> :)

	Well my friend, when Tobias asked for assistance testing dmraid, I didn't
hesitate to help. Sometimes, the best way to learn is to wade into the frigid
water ;-) Not to mention, some of the rather basic questions or feedback
regarding changes to vi and readline, and the reference they provide in the
list archives, may just help another with the same questions at some point in
the future.

	Additionally, from what I glean from the current state of readline, there
isn't anything 'concrete' to know at the present time other than it is
'changing' and there is quite a bit of debate about what it will ultimately
look like and why...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC