[arch-general] vi from testing has gone nuts - does not honor virc/~.virc settings

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Jun 22 12:06:37 EDT 2009

David C. Rankin wrote:
> Listmates, Devs:
>
> 	I upgraded to testing to test the new dmraid.

Just my personal opinion here, and perhaps the devs will disagree, but
personally I wouldn't suggest upgrading your entire box to testing.  If
you only want to kick the tires on one package from testing, then
probably best to only install that.

One of the things I like about Arch is how it keeps me on the cutting
edge with very up-to-date versions of all the packages, but still
manages to keep my system very stable.  IMO, if you bump everything up
to testing, you're going to lose a lot of that wonderful stability.

DR