[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [announcement] kernel26 2.6.30 announcement draft

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 04:29:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>wrote:

> Andreas Radke schrieb:
>
>> Just a note. The "early" mkinitcpio way of Intel KMS is broken on my
>> gf's system resulting in an instant reboot. "Late" kms way is still
>> working. I had to use a rescue disc.
>>
>> Maybe more user will be affected.
>>

> That is confusing, as it does exactly the same, just a bit earlier (and it
> works here, obviously).
>
> Although early KMS is only useful for people who enter passphrases during
> boot - and people who care about how pretty their screen is - this is
> definitely a bug and a weird one. If we can narrow it down that would be
> nice.

To me it happened with the .30-3 or .30-4 kernel from _testing_ and btw my
laptop has an nvidia card.
Seems i had updated  and hadnt rebooted for about a week to check if it
actually works.
I revented back to .29, along with a downgrade of klibc, mkinitcpio etc,
booted
and updated to -5 from core this morning. This one works OK.

--
Greg