[arch-general] Not able to do system updates

Will Siddall will.siddall at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 09:33:40 EDT 2009

I don't know what happened, but overnight, my system doesn't seem to
allow me to update or install packages.

I tried with 'sudo pacman -Su' and with 'yaourt -Su' and nothing.  I
know of at least 10 packages that need to be updated from yesterday.
And on further testing, I can't install new packages either.  I want
to try out the go-openoffice and oss packages, but it won't download.

When I do an update though (yaourt -Sy), it does download the new
package lists and the files in /var/lib/pacman are updated.

Anything any of you might want me to try to figure this out, it'll be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will