[arch-general] sound busted after upgrade to kernel 2.6.30?

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 11:54:30 EDT 2009

> My sound was busted yesterday when I upgraded from kernel 2.6.29 to 2.6.30.
> I had to regenerate my asound.state.

Was you only problem the asound.state (i.e. the saved mixer settings)?

With different version of an ALSA driver, the way it sees the mixer
might change, so that old saved settings will not apply for the newer
driver.
It's only a matter of opening alsamixer, setting everything up as you
want, and running "alsactl store" at the end.

Depending on the driver it might happen from time to time.

--
damjan