[arch-general] udev-139 and file permissions of /dev/net/tun

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Wed Mar 11 01:45:19 EDT 2009

On Dienstag, 10. März 2009 22:20 Thomas Bächler wrote:

> I have root:disk in /lib/udev/devices/loop/ and in /dev/loop/.

What a silly error of mine, i look only for the links and not inside of the
loop directory ... sorry.

> I am thinking about creating only /dev/loop/0 and /dev/loop0, as that is
> the only one needed: Once you access the first loop device, the module
> is loaded and more are created. But then, that can wait until the next
> release.

Or compile it not as a module because the overhead is minimal. But you be
right there is no need to change something now and to get the module loaded
is only one entry in the rc.conf so the human overhead is minimal too.-)

See you, Attila