[arch-general] /etc/fstab :no ext. hdd

Preston C. gprestonc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 18:07:16 EDT 2009

> No problem :)
>
> You also have the HAL method, which can be handy if you remove/attach the
> drive often. But if the drive is attached all or most of the time, good ol'
> fstab is the easiest and most reliable. ;)

The drive hasn't been unplugged since I got it. Do I need to install
ntfs-3g, before adding the line into fstab?

Can you tell me which one, if any, of these lines would work:
/dev/sdc1 /media/exterhalhd   ntfs    ro,user,noauto,unhide   0      0
/dev/sdc1 /media/exterhalhd   ntfs    ro,user,auto,unhide   0      0
/dev/sdc1 /media/exterhalhd   auto    ro,user,noauto,unhide   0      0
/dev/sdc1 /media/exterhalhd   ntfs    ro,user,auto,unhide   0      0

Will any of those lines work? I do not really understand whether to
put auto or ntfs- for type, and about the options, as you can probably
tell, :-). I read up on it, just not sure.

Thanks.