[arch-general] /etc/fstab :no ext. hdd

Gregory T Helton gt at fallendusk.org
Sun Mar 29 19:45:15 EDT 2009

I think this should work

/dev/sdc1 /media/externalhd ntfs-3g users,uid=1000,gid=100,fmask=0113,dmask=0002 0 0

This will mount the drive at boot, allow users to mount/umount, user id 1000/grp id 100
will own everything on the drive, and files will have the permission 664, directories 775.

This does require that you have ntfs-3g installed, and set to SUID root (chmod u+s /bin/ntfs-3g)

More info: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NTFS_Write_Support

Good luck. :)