[arch-general] The ultimate Home Theater / media center computer

RedShift redshift at pandora.be
Mon May 4 12:28:52 EDT 2009

Christopher Daley wrote:
> That board doesn't seem to have a PCI/PCI-E slots, so you'd have to splurge
> on a USB tv tuner card.  But you could probably shove that motherboard into
> anything.

It has an x1 PCI-express slot.

The on-board graphics is an Intel X4500HD, how good is Linux support on this in the multimedia field? The article says it has hardware accelerated MPEG2, AVC and VC1, does Xorg make use of this?

The board definitely looks like a good candidate to me, it will probably use less power than the Asus board I was looking at. It has a bigger brother too, the DG45ID (http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DG45ID/DG45ID-overview.htm) which has more expansion slots and supports more memory.

Glenn