[arch-general] freetype2 with enabled tt bytecode interpreter, license issues?

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Mon May 4 16:44:02 EDT 2009

On Montag, 4. Mai 2009 18:17 Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:

> Personally in my machine, I recompiled this package without the patch, I
> prefer the auto-hinting from freetype2, because fonts looks better (at
> least on CRT), I know that this can be configured with fontconf, but
> because some programs/libs based on xpdf libs (example poppler*, kpdf),
> look at headers at compile time instead of using fontconfig I recompile
> these packages too.

Nice to see that you prefer auto-hinting as mine. I config this with
fontconfig and thought i'm on the safe side but you say that this is not good
for kdpf and so on. Do you have background informations about it and what is
the list of apps which do you recompile?

I suggest that everyone who never used auto-hinting should test to see if this
patch is necessary or not. Personally i support to deactivate the patch but i
know that fonts be even a very individually piece of choice and prefer a
democratic decision.

See you, Attila