[arch-general] freetype2 with enabled tt bytecode interpreter, license issues?

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Mon May 4 17:34:39 EDT 2009

On Montag, 4. Mai 2009 23:06 Jan de Groot wrote:

> Deactivating the patch can be done by fontconfig configuration, so you
> don't have to recompile freetype at all for this.

That's what i have done and i'm satisfied with it but Gerardo speaks about
problems with kpdf and poppler when this patch is included. This is why i'm
suprised about it and the freetype authors seems to be satisfied with the
auto-hinting too.

> As for the licensing: AFAIK even Debian ships with the bytecode
> interpreter enabled these days

The license is not my first intension and i think the most distributions
activate the bytecode interpreter.

Still again, i only discuss and don't say "we have to do". -)

See you, Attila