[arch-general] org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable no <-- (action, result)

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon May 4 21:33:43 EDT 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 13:36:03 you wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but I've had
> difficulty auto-mounting NTFS partitions as read/write.  The reason seems
> to be that auto-mount autodetects NTFS partitions as using the ntfs driver,
> but in order to get full functionality, you need to use the ntfs-3g driver.
> Mounting as root, explicitly using the ntfs-3g driver, works.
>
> HTH,
> Dave Moore

Yes,

	I think that is exactly what the problem is. I didn't want 'rw', all I wanted
was read-only. So I just created a directory as a mount point and
did 'mount -t ntfs /dev/sdb2 /mountpoint'. It worked just fine. I'll play
around to find a way to get this (politely put 'dad-gum') hal/dbus/PolicyKit
to do what a simple 'mount -t ntfs' had done for years....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC